On April 2, 2003, our family took a trip
to King of Prussia and Upper Merion High School - and with the help of
the Administration and Teachers, we were able to take a number of
pictures of the building and grounds!
A special thanks to UMAHS Principal - Dr.
Kathy M. Entrekin, and her secretary - Marie Cilio... Particularly
as I didn't have an appointment !
Bruce Koehler, Class of '71
Simpsonville, SC 29680
Upper Merion Area High School is a NATIONAL
Blue Ribbon School of Excellence - the culmination of a lot of
hard work by teachers, staff, administrators, volunteers, and
the school board.
This achievement greets each visitor to the
|For those that have not visited the school in a
number of years, here is a small list of a number of structural
changes. The building is relatively the same, BUT:
- As you look at the Auditorium, you will see a TURRET has
been added behind the band room. ( That Gingko tree is
still there - even after tens of thousands of summer Biology
Leaf Collection Projects. )
- The Chorale Room is now also used by the Orchestra.
- You can no longer go behind the Auditorium and go out
toward Brandywine Village. The Tennis Courts are gone,
as a new wing has been added.
- The hall to the Principal's Office along the side of the
auditorium now has a parallel hallway down the 'old' back
side of those offices. This new hallway is the NEW
entrance to these offices - and it also looks over the
Central Courtyard used by students for study and lunch.
- The cafeteria has been expanded, extending from the
"back hall" to the "front hall" with
entrances on the front hall. It is now styled like a
"food court" offering numerous menu options for
- OVER the cafeteria is a large meeting room which is also
used by the School Board.
- The library is now on the SECOND floor.
to the pictures